Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I volunteer to help with the organization of the 1st NYU PoIntS?
If you are interested in giving back to the postdoc community, want to add diversity to your resumeé or simply because you want to explore your other talents and meet postdocs from other departments, just email us at futureofscienceNYU@gmail.com indicating your interest to volunteer for our Symposium.
- Why should I attend the 1st NYU PoIntS?
- Why should I pay the registration fee to attend this event?
If you want to save on the registration fees, why don’t you submit an abstract for a short talk or poster? The registration fee will be waived for postdocs that will be presenting during the Symposium.
- I want to attend the Symposium but I am not a postdoc at NYU
We need to start somewhere however, and at this point priority for attendance at the 1st NYU PoIntS will be given to NYU postdocs, due to venue capacity restrictions. If you are not an NYU postdoc and you want to attend the symposium, you should fill the form at the bottom of our registration page, and you will be put in a waiting list. As soon as we have an idea about attendance, we will notify those in the waiting list in a first come basis via e-mail until all the available spots are filled.
- I have submitted an abstract for talk/poster. Will I be able to register at a later point if my abstract does not get selected?
Soon after abstract submission is closed (4/1/2015), we will contact any applicants whose abstract did not get selected and give you the opportunity to register at a later point. Your seat will be secured upon receipt of the $10 registration fee.
- What is the process of abstract selection?
- You don’t want to come by yourself to the symposium ...
- You could not find any other postdoc to come with you to the symposium ...
- You want to sponsor the 1st NYU PoIntS or future NYU postdoc events?